Tea and chocolate. Exquisite and soothing on their own and downright magical when paired together…
Are we overhyping it? Impossible!
That’s why we’re so thrilled to offer a selection of organic, fair-trade Camino chocolate bars for you to enjoy with your Shanti tea.
Learn more about these delicious chocolates and discover a few of our favourite pairings.
Smooth milk chocolate with a hint of creamy hazelnut.
- Strong Assam – this full-bodied and rich black tea cuts through the sweetness of the milk chocolate
- Vanilla Rooibos – the nuttiness of the red rooibos complements the hazelnut flavour
- Royal Cream Earl Grey – the sweet cream flavours of the Royal Cream Earl Grey are a lovely match for the creamy milk chocolate
Rich, creamy chocolate with whole roasted almonds and a hint of salt.
- Kashmiri Chai – this chai derives sweetness from almonds and when paired with the chocolate, creates a bit of a sweet and salty pairing
- Spicy Cacao – with malty black tea, chocolate and chili flakes, this pairing feels like a rich and toasty hot chocolate, with a little kick
- Japanese Genmaicha – the toasted rice flavour of the tea really brings out similar flavours in the roasted almonds
Superbly combined coconut milk and coconut sugar with dark chocolate (vegan).
- Coconut Chai – the creamy coconut flavours of this chai go well with the coconut milk chocolate, while the strong black tea base can stand up to its sweetness
- Banana Bread – this pairing takes our most popular dessert tea to the next level – think coconut chocolate chip banana bread
- Shizuoka Premium Matcha – with more subtle grassy notes, this matcha has a smooth creaminess that will pair well with the creamy coconut milk
Rich and sophisticated dark chocolate that melts in your mouth with exquisite smoothness.
- Pu-erh – the slight bitterness of this rich dark chocolate is balanced by the ultra-smooth, earthy and rich Pu-erh
- Honey Oolong – the natural, sweet honey flavour of this tea softens the dark chocolate beautifully
- Peace – bergamot and lavender bring a sophisticated twist to the bold chocolate
Smooth dark chocolate tastefully surprised by the sweet crunchy morsels of caramel with a touch of sea salt.
- Caramel Latte – the caramel and coffee flavours of this tea are a perfect match for the salted caramel chocolate
- Warm Apple Cider – this pairing results in wonderful caramel apple flavours
- Japanese Genmaicha – the toasted rice and caramel flavours combine to create a buttery caramel corn experience
The brightness of sun-ripened oranges in perfect harmony with the richness of dark chocolate.
- Jasmine Dragon Pearls – the delicate jasmine flavour is enhanced by sweet orange
- Orange Black – this robust black tea is blended with orange peel which will bring out the juicy orange flavours of the chocolate
- Strong Earl Grey – orange chocolate pairs beautifully with the mix of citrus notes from the bergamot flavours of the tea
The perfect combination of mouth-watering dark chocolate and naturally sweet, tangy raspberry morsels.
- Lemon Ginger Sencha – tart lemon meets tart raspberries for a zippy pairing with a little heat from the ginger
- Raspberry Earl Grey – the malty black tea base complements the dark chocolate while the sweet raspberry flavours play with the tart raspberry morsels
- Keemun – in this contrasting pairing, the smooth black tea has subtle smoky notes and a jam-like fruity finish which is enhanced by the raspberries in the chocolate
A combination of smooth dark chocolate and cool peppermint.
- Mint Chocolate – similar flavours with a rich, black tea for a perfect pairing
- Irish Cream – sweet and milky with notes of vanilla and chocolate, Irish Cream helps mint chocolate feel like a luxe cocktail
- Wuyi Rock – this long-oxidized oolong has a chocolate flavour of its own, plus earthy notes that soften the peppermint
When it comes to tea and chocolate pairings, there are no hard and fast rules – only guidelines. To get started, try pairing similar flavours (e.g. a raspberry chocolate with a raspberry tea) or go for contrasting flavours (e.g. a raspberry chocolate with a smoky tea).
Have fun creating your own unique flavour experiences!